Our HouseWelcome to the idyll of Central Hessen
Our beautiful House
The red half-timbered house was built in 1747, as evidenced by the engraving facing the street. For many years, the house was used as a home and forge. When Dr. Bernd and Beate Dülfer took over the property at Steinweg 44 in 1984, it was quite run down and not well maintained. The yard was not paved, and deep ruts from various vehicles made it nearly impassable.
The first round of renovations included a bath on the second floor, and a steep staircase to the attic – today’s Arnsburger Suite. The big forge furnace in the Licher Room stayed for a while longer. As years passed, the family grew to five members and the house became too small. This led to expansion of living space in the barn, and the old house was rented out.
After time had taken its toll on the timber structure, the core refurbishment of the house was begun in 2006. This was done to modern ecological standards, and led to the idea of sharing the beautiful home with others by turning it into a Bed & Breakfast.
The forge furnace in the Lich room had to go, dormers allowed the use of the attic as a spacious suite with an easily passable stairway, and every bedroom was outfitted with its own bath. The old rustic table in the “Gut Stubb” (Good Room) was allowed to stay, and with it, the atmosphere of the old Home. Today, the Gut Stubb in the mezzanine and the beautiful enclosed yard with its cozy seating areas invite relaxation.
Free WiFi is available throughout the house.